Friday 17 March 2017

Card for Crafy Caroline's card swap





Crafty Caroline card swap

Caroline is doing a card swap so I created this card to send to her.

I have been playing with the Stylish Stems Framelits for a few weeks now and have made a few birthday cards and a mothers day cards with them. I have been using the 2016/2017 in colours from Stampin Up, but for this card I paired Sweet Sugar Plum with Rich Razzle Berry.  I really think these colours go really well together.

The dies cut the shape into the card and if you add the frame it will cut the flower out completely. I decided to add the flower outline on top of the cut out flower in the contrasting colour.  I think it is very effective.

Sticking these delicate flowers can be tricky, Stampin Up have a fine tip glue pen which works but sometimes the glue shows on the flower - this happened with the small flower so I used Wink of Stella on the flower so this would not show and added some bling to the card. The alternative way is to put some wet glue on a silicon mat and dip a sponge in it and dab the glue on to the flower.  This was a tip I got from Connie Stewart. Check out her tips on Tuesdays on YouTube.

The card swap is open to anyone see details here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRkHOLo38g

No comments:

Post a Comment