Friday 24 March 2017

Gift box using Avant Garden

Here is my latest YouTube video.  I decided to make a small gift box that could be used for Easter treats or a small gift. Watch the tutorial here! 

I made my own DSP (designer series paper) using the Avant Garden stamp set.  I love this flower from the set which is one of the free stamp sets as part of Stampin Up's Sale-A-Bration which is still available until March 31st. All you need to do is place an order for £45 and this set will be yours for free.

I wanted to design a box that would be made from half a sheet of A4 cardstock so you can get 2 box's from one sheet.  The original box I used Island Indigo and the one I made on camera uses Rich Razzle Berry.

Here is what you need, all measurements are in inches:

Base cardstock measures 7 1/2 x 5 5/8
Score on the long side at 1 1/8 - 3 3/8 - 4 1/2 - 6 3/4
Turn to the short side with the largest section at the top and score at  1 1/8 - 3 3/8 - 4 1/2

Belly Band in base card stock 3/4 x 7

DSP for box measure aprox. 8 1/4 x 3
Mats for box - 4 x (2x1) and 2 x (2x1) and mat for Belly Band 1/2 x 7

You will also need scraps for the topper you decide to do - I used the smallest stitch circle die for the Indigo Island box and a circle punch for the Rich Razzle Berry box and a scallop punch to frame it.

Here is a template showing the score lines and the shaded areas that need cutting out.



Once the cardstock is scored and sections cut out I then notched out the tabs and rounded all the corners of the front flap.




I stamped my own DSP using the Avant Garden flower stamp, I stamped first, second and third generation stamping to give 3 complimentary toning colours.




Once stamped I cut the mats and stuck in place BEFORE I stuck the box together.  I did make a mistake and stuck a mat to the bottom of the box instead of the top of the box! I will rectify this and add another mat to the top of the box.


Then you put fast fuse or any strong adhesive on the side flap, stick this down, fold in the bottom section and use fast fuse again on the bottom flap making sure you have the correct section so that the open end is at the back of the box.


The belly band is simply made by folding it around the box and pinching it at each edge, you then stick the DSP to it and burnish, add some adhesive and place around the box and stick.


For the topper I stamped a sentiment on whisper white, used a circle punch to punch out a circle and then I punched a scallop circle out of Rich Razzle Berry. I stuck the topper to the belly band with a dimensional.

No comments:

Post a Comment