Friday 14 April 2017

Quick and simple bitterfly card


Watch my latest vidoe tutorial!

I did this simple make and take at my last class, it takes minimum products and I hope you will agree it  is simply stunning. The other great thing about this card is that it is very quick and easy to make.


As well as the card I also made a matching gift tag.  I used one colour ink pad - Dapper Denim and stamped it 3 times without reinking to give it 3 different shades of this colour.  You can of course use 3 colours that coordinate together well as I have here. I used Rich Razzle Berry, Sweet Sugar Plum and Flirty Flamingo.



I used extra thick Whisper White card stock - half an A4 sheet, scored in half to for a standard C6 card blank. I used a piece 3 1/2 by 2 for the tag and a scrap big enough to cut 4 butterflies from the large Butterfly punch.  Stamp sets used were the large splodge from Gorgeous Grunge and the sentiment from Basic Butterflies. I also used 3 small Rhinestones for each butterfly for the body. I also used a sponge dabber and the Tag Topper Punch for the tag.

The large splodge was stamped once to give the full colour then stamped a second time without returning to the stamp pad (second generation stamping) and then stamped a third time without reinking (third generation stamping).  This gives the effect of 3 different colours from one stamp pad.

Butterflies was sponged on the wings, I inked up the sponge dabber and inked first butterfly, without dipping in ink again I did the same to the second and third butterfly, this was again so that the colour was different on all 3 butterflies.  The forth one was for the tag so I reinked for this one.

The butterfly wings were then curled with a bone folder, 3 small rhinestones added for the body and the butterflies were stuck in place using tombow glue.

This card is really quick to make perfect for when you need a card in a hurry without compromising on the 'WOW' factor!

No comments:

Post a Comment