Wednesday 14 June 2017

Butterflies made easy with Tim Holtz Stamping Platform



I was so excited to finally receive my new Tim Holtz Stamping Platform, I ordered it months ago and had to wait as orders were held up.  I couldn't wait to have a go and decided to use the Water Colour Wings 3 step stamp set as the first go on it.  It makes lining up the stamps so easy and accurate. 

I stamped the butterflies and cut them out using the corresponding die.  I then used the platform to stamp 2 of the back ground stamps at the same time.  I then placed the sentiment where I wanted it and stamped this on each card. I created 11 cards backgrounds in less than 15 mins, great for bulk card making.

To create this card I used a standard A6 card and the die cut butterfly, I used my bone folder to curl the wings and stuck it on with dimensional's.  I used 2 on each wing at the top and one on each at the bottom to give it dimension. The colours I used were Powder Pink for the first layer of the butterfly and the background, Flirty Flamingo for the edges of the wings and Berry burst for the middle.  I then used Basic grey for the butterfly body and the sentiment.

I hope my students like the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment