Thursday 7 September 2017

Stampin Up Stocking Gift Card Holder





The first one of these stockings I made with the DSP I was disappointed with how it looked at the back, so the second one I decided to stick the DSP to the Cherry Cobbler card stock I had used for the pillow box.  This gave it the same uniform colour on the back plus a bit of added strength.  I am planning on making 25 of these for an Advent Calendar so want them to last for years!

I have used last years retired Christmas DSP that is still on the clearance rack - Warmth &Cheer £3.60 you can get 2 stocking fronts from one sheet of 6x6 so that would be 96 stockings!

I love the colour palette of this DSP.

I used Cherry Cobble card stock for the back of the stocking - I love this rich red for Christmas projects.

The possibilities to decorate your stocking are endless with the amount of elements in this Trim Your Stocking die set. For this stocking I went with Whisper White card stock, the snowflake and a pompom trim - simple and stylish - well I am a member of Crafty Caroline Creates' Simply Stylish Stampers!





You need to trim the top of the DSP off following the score line before you adhere it to the Card stock
It is much easier to decorate your stocking before you assemble it!

Cut the little slit for the ribbon - make sure you do it on the right side!
Ribbon attached to the inside of the back - I secured it with very strong tape - you don't want the stocking to drop from the tree!

Make sure you put your glue right to the corners the pillow box is correctly assembled - I think liquid glue works best as you have time to wiggle into place.
I think the stocking looks better from the back when the DSP is stuck to the card stock and it matches the pillow box so worth doing IMO!



I think these stocking would look great as Christmas decorations, give them as a gift and the gift just keeps giving every year!


My Shop 

My shop is open 24/7 Click here to shop!

My Team

  • Click here to join my team!
    • No obligation to sell, make videos, blog etc
    • You can just join up and get the 20% discount for yourself
    • If you want to start a business for £99 then this is the way to do it!
    • Chose £130 of products for £99
    • You also receive a business pack to get you started
    • 2 months FREE online shop
    • Support from me and the wider team when you join my team
    • I am a Simply Stylish Stamper which is Crafty Carolines team
    • I am also a Pootler which is Pootles team (Sam) 
    • You will also become one of these when you join with me

Follow me on Social Media


No comments:

Post a Comment