Wednesday 29 November 2017

DIY Business Cards


Morning everyone,

Yesterday I was busy making business cards, I could have ordered them from a company that prints them for you but as a paper crafter I wanted to make my own. Not necessarily the most cost effective way in terms of time but I am happy with the result and I got to binge watch Stranger Things on Netflix while doing it. My kind of multi tasking lol!

The first lot of cards I made were 3 1/4 x 2 1/8 - the standard size of a credit card.  However I realised that this was not the most economical use of my lovely cardstock. So as I was using the 12x12 speciality paper from our DSP packs I decided to change the card size to 3x2, that way I can get 24 from one sheet.

I printed my details out onto an A4 sheet, I set up my document in word so that I had 3 across and 6 down, so 18 in total. I used word to set this up, click mailings, then labels and chose customise and I sat as follows:-
As I am in the UK this is set for A4 paper if you are in US you can adjust to fit your paper size.

Then you put your details in the next screen: -

Once done press ok and your A4 sheet will be populated with your details.

The I played with the details until I liked the way it looked, I changed the first row and then copy and pasted into the rest of the document.

I entered the words and altered size of font and style of font until I was happy, this is all down to personal preference. 

As the back of our speciality paper is white I chose to print this on white and matted onto black so it stood out.  Once the cards were cut out they measure 2 3/4 x 1 3/4. The Black Mat is 1/8th of an inch taller and wider so there is a small margin.

I decorated the front with ovals using 2 retired punched but you can do it in anyway you like.  I printed my Business name on Very Vanilla to match the speciality paper and the scalloped oval was punched from gold.  I really like the look but could easily do this in different paper and get a completely different effect.  You could also hand stamp this as well which I have done in the past. 




I hope you found that useful, until tomorrow!

Gez xxx

To purchase any items please visit my shop!

To join my team click here!


4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, Gez, this is a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing your instructions and they are so personal unlike the printed ones. I don't have Word but use Google Docs so I will be having a play to see if I can get it work. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine and good luck - I am sure there are other ways to set up a page, and yes I think as a paper crafter having a handmade business card looks good and SU have so many lovely papers to choose from :-)

      Delete
  2. THanks Gez. This is brilliant! Just made my own!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I am really pleased I have helped you - would love to see your business cards Jill :-)

      Delete