Tuesday 9 January 2018

Stampin Up Great Pear card

Hi everyone and a very big welcome to people who are returning there after the blog hop at the weekend, thank you so much for visiting my blog and coming back :-)



Fruit Basket

Todays project is using the Fruit Basket stamp set and matching punches. When I saw the sentiment "We make a great pear" I was reminded of Power Point Slides I used to make when I was teaching to illustrate that I wanted the students to work in pairs. I would put a pear on the slide! It amused me and some of the kids either laughed or groaned some just didn't get it lol.

I therefore thought I have to make a crd with that sentiment. I then thought about how I would use it and thought it would do for an anniversary card (its my 30th anniversary this year) or you could send it to a best friend.

I decided to make 2 versions then the camera stopped filming so I ended up with 3 versions!

Here is how I made them



3x3 card

  • I used Emerald Envy Cardstock 6x3 and scored in half
  • Whisper White cardstock stamped the pear in Emerald Envy  once full strength and then in half strength
  • I stamped them in rows and used washy tape to help keep them straight. 
  • For the stalk I used Lemon Lime Twist, again in full and half strength ink. 
  • I stamped some spare pears on a scrap so I could punch them out with the pear punch. 
  • This was then cut out using the largest Stitched Framelit Square
  • I stamped the sentiment in Emerald Envy on Whisper White
  • I punched it out with the small Label Punch which is not big enough so I punched the 'Pear' separately 
  • I popped the sentiment and the 3 pears up on mini dimensionals 




C6 card

To make this card I cut the layers as below - these are my standard way of cutting layers and they give 1/8th border all round.


  • I used some Emerald Envy cardstock as my base - A4 cut in half and scored in half, this makes a C6 card 5 7/8th x 4 1/8th
  • I cut a mat in Whisper White card stock just 1/4" smaller on each side - 5 5/8th x 3 7/8th
  • I cut a 3x3 square of emerald envy 
  • I stamped some Whisper White in pears in the same way as for the 3x3 card
  • I stamped the sentiment in Lemon Lime Twist
  • I cut this using the Largest Stitched Framelit Square 
  • Then I cut it again to form a small rectangle to form a stitched rectangle frame
  •  I cut a strip of Lemon Lime Twist 2 x 5 5/8th
  • I sued the Tripple Tag punch and flagged the end
  • This was such behind the topper
This unfortunately didn't film! 




Second C6 card

For this card I did the same as above but without the Whisper White layer.



It would be easy to do this with all the fruit stamps and to illustrate I have down it in the strawberry using Berry Burst and Flirty Flamingo and a simple Happy Birthday message. 




I hope yo like these cards and if you make them then please show me your cards. I would be interested to know which you like best.

By buying the stamp set and the Punches together you save 10%, they are £31.50. If you add another another £13.50 to your order you can choose a Sale-A-Bration item free. There is a set of Ink Spots in this suite which gives you 4 mini ink pads in 4 different colours for £8.25. Tutti-frutti Classic Stamping' Spots are 145644. Then you just need some card stock and glue and you are already to make some beautiful cards and you could choose the co-ordinating card blanks from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. 




See you tomorrow with a colour challenge card :-) 

Gez xxx



Don't forget the amazing joining offer during Sale-A-Bration, for £99 you choose £130 worth of Stampin' Up products from both current catalogues AND 2 stamp set of your choice. 
There is NO OBLIGATION to sell, start a business you can just  enjoy the 20% discount on your orders :-) 




No comments:

Post a Comment