Friday 19 January 2018

#stampinforall colour challenge

This week over at #stampinforall the colour challenge was Emerald Envy, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo. I looked in my craft room and found Emerald Envy Ink, cardstock, Stampin' Write Marker and some ribbon, Daffodil Delight Ink and Stampin' Write Marker and only a Stampin' Write Marker  in Melon Mambo. So thinking can needed to be well and truly applied for this #colourchallenge!

Pinterest

If you follow me on Pinterest you may have already seen this card as I have already shared it there. 

Deciding on a theme

I wanted to use some of the new Spring Summer Catalogue products so I picked the Petal Palette Suite. I decided to cut the floral die in Emerald Envy so that I could colour the flowers in using the Melon Mambo stampin' Write Marker and the centre of the flower in Daffodil Delight. I wanted to add something to the Whisper White background  so I used the dots stamp from the stamp set and stamped a background in Daffodil Delight.

I used the sentiment from this set and used the Stampin' Write Markers instead of ink to colour the words so I got 2 colours in the sentiment.  I used the 2" Circle Punch to cut out the sentiment and then thought it needed something so I stamped the dots around the circle in Daffodil Delight to match the background. I then used the Starburst Punch on the Emerald Envy cardstock to mat the sentiment on. Lastly I tied a bow in the Emerald Envy Taffeta Ribbon thats on the clearance rack. From having no idea what I was going to do I think I have made something quite nice.



Measurements 

To make this card I cut the layers as below - these are my standard way of cutting layers and they give 1/8th border all round.


  • I used some Emerald Envy cardstock as my base - A4 cut in half and scored in half, this makes a C6 card 5 7/8th x 4 1/8th
  • I cut a mat in Whisper White cardstock just 1/4" smaller on each side - 5 5/8th x 3 7/8th
  • I used some scraps of Emerald Envy to cut the flow sprays and Starburst 
  • I used a scrap of Whisper White for the  sentiment


Stamping and Colouring

  • To colour the flowers I used Stampin' Write Markers  
  • I colours half in full strength Melon Mambo and half water colouring with the Marker 
  • Once the water colour was dry I then went over in the marker to add dimension to the flower
  • I coloured the centre of the flower with the Daffodil Delight Marker 

  • I really like how the sentiment turned out
  • I used a Blender Pen to fill in the little flower in the sentiment




I am really enjoying the colour challenges set every 2 weeks - if you would like to take part then why not subscribe to the Stampin' for all Facebook group

I will be back with another challenge in two weeks. See you soon 

Gez xxx

My Shop 

My shop is open 24/7 Click here to shop! Remember that during Sale-A-Bration you earn free products for every £45 you spend (not including p&p)

Joining Offer

There is no better time to join Stamping' Up, during Sale-A-Bration you get to chose

  • £130 worth of products for your starter kit 
  • AND 2 stamp sets of your choice 
  • All for £99 (p&p free with starter kits). 
  • 20% discount on future orders, rising to 25% when promoted
  • There is no obligation to sell you can be a hobby demonstrator and just shop for yourself with the 20% discount. 
  • Click here to join my team!


Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Instagram

Follow me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment